Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Dirty Rednecks"

Today's post is going to be a bit of a rant...

I really, really, REALLY hate it when people use stereotypes and are so closed-minded that they refuse to even acknowledge that there may be someone who LOOKS like they might fit into a "stereotype" but actually aren't like that. Some guys walked in (repeat customers) who were wearing Wrangler jeans, cowboy boots, t-shirts with the sleeves cut out in camouflage and baseball hats and IMMEDIATELY Andreu labeled them as "dirty rednecks" and called them womanizers, illiterate, and stupid. I got really upset at him, knowing that these two guys were in fact, NOT like that at all. They'd been coming for the past few years and I've had quite a few conversations with them. While they may be a bit more country than Andy is, that does not automatically make them redneck and definitely not dirty. I got really pissed off at him for being so closed minded and not being able to comprehend that not all guys who dress like that are "dirty rednecks".

Okay, rant over.

Batman kid came by again today. He spent about $7.5o and as he was leaving he said, "If the package is unopened, can I return it." Craig said yes. He walks out, gets on his bike, straps on his helmet then stops, gets back off and walks up to the register to return the stuff. Really?! On the back of his receipt I wrote "Batman Returns (literally!)" Poor kid...

My day did get quite a bit better... Blake (aka MY Hot Cop) showed up around 7:30pm. I was a happy girl. :) He ended up staying until 9 when we closed up. I was off the clock at 8:30, but refused to leave until he did. No way I was going to miss out on that eye candy. Hot Cop sighting #2!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment